If you have a small startup, blog, or other projects that need a logo, you don’t need to worry anymore because it’s no longer a problem. Nowadays, there are many online logo maker tools that can be used to generate your logo either free of charge or for a small amount of money. Most of them have really advanced logo editing functionality that allows you to choose good looking logo icons, adjust colors, sizes, change fonts and download PNG files (with transparent background).
During the creation process, make sure that your logo reflects your brand personality, stays simple and you follow the 60-30-10 rule and other best practices when choosing your logo colors.
Don’t be misled by thinking that you just need a good designer to have a good logo.
Actually, the result you will get mainly depends on you as a business owner or a marketer because nobody knows your brand personality as well as you do. Therefore, the more educated you are, the better result you will get. Are you interested? Learn more about the principles of good logo design in my book How to Create a Logo?
However, the basic thing you need at least, in the beginning, is your logo in a PNG file with a transparent background, which means you can place it on any other background without having a white square / rectangular background. And, you can create one with the help of online logo makers that I have listed below.
Free Logo Online Maker Tools – Make Free Icon Based Logos Online
Create your icon based logo online free of charge using the logo maker tools listed below.
1. FreeLogoDesign – offers different customization variations so that you can design a symbol for your business or blog logo. Add and mix additional shapes, icons, and even logo templates to fully customize your logo. You will get a 200×200 px png file for free and eps, pdf, and high-resolution PNG for $39.
2. Logaster – create your logo and get a small size file for free, but if you need a higher resolution file (png, pdf, svg and jpeg), then it’s a paid service. Depending on your needs, you will have to pay from $9.99 to $24.99. They also offer brandkits and other products for additional money.
3. TheFreeLogoMakers – customize any of the base designs offered by this tool – change colors, size, number of elements, placement, orientation, and more. You will receive a free 500 pixels wide transparent PNG image. If you want a vector version of your design, multiple transparent PNGs and your font files, then buy their Professional package.
4. LogoTypeMaker – use their logo templates, edit and customize them and create your free logo; however, attribution is required. You must add a link from their website to yours to use your free logo. If you don’t want to make attribution, pay for the premium logo for $24.99.
5. Logo Garden – great selection of symbols, fonts, and possibilities to edit and adapt your unique logo. Get a free low-resolution logo in jpg format. $12.50 for a high-resolution logo, and $39.99 for a vector file.
6. Logocraft – online logo creator. Choose one of their cliparts and add your text. You can access the logos you create anytime and edit them further.
7. OnlineLogoMaker – simple logo designs. Create your own logo and get a free PNG file.
8. Make Logo Online Free – logo making tool with a wide variety of designs that you can use to create your own logo for 29.99$ (png, jpg and vector files). If you share their information on Facebook and Twitter, you can probably get it for a half of the price.
9. Canva Logo Creator – you may know Canva as a graphic design platform, used to create social media graphics, presentations, posters, documents, and other visual content. Did you know it can also be used to create a logo? Explore their hundreds of professionally designed logo templates and customize them to suit your brand personality.
Free Text Based Logo Maker Tools
If you need a logo that is text based with no symbols, try using these free tools.
10. Supalogo – a logo maker tool for creating a text based logo for free. Very simple to use. You can even look at samples, click edit and start from there. When done, download your png file.
11. CoolText – choose your design and adapt it according to your needs. When finished, download its png file for free.
12. FlamingText – offers some interesting designs for text based logos. Free to use however you like. To remove their watermark, you will have to pay starting from $ 2.99 (for up to five logos a month). Good choice if you need to generate several logos.
13. Textcraft – generates text based logos with different textures and colors. You can download it as png file and use however you want.
Paid Icon Based and Text Based Logo Maker Tools
Good quality for a low price – a list of paid, but affordable online logo maker tools. Some of them offer really advanced functionality, which almost substitute a real designer work.
14.Logoshi– very interesting and creative tool! Sketch your logo (use 2 or 3 colors), enter your company name and see what their tool generates for you. You will get very personalized logo that corresponds to your sketch. Download its eps and png files for $19.
15. GraphicSprings Logo Creator – create your logo for free; however if you want to use it, the price for the files is $19.99. A simple solution for business owners, startups, and online companies.
16. Designhill – convenient interface, good selection of logo designs, easily editable logos. Price – from $20.
17. VistaPrint – creates good quality logos that can easily be adapted according to your needs (color, fonts, symbols) for $25. And you will get four versions of your logo: color, black and white, vertical and horizontal and icon only.
18. Free Logo Services – logo maker tool with a wide variety of designs. If you like your logo design, pay only €29.95 for the files.
19. Designimo – good quality logos for 29.95$. You’ll be able to download high resolution PNG, JPG and EPS Vector files.
20. Logo Shuffle – just enter your business name, keywords and select the design. Price – starting from 29EUR.
21. Design Mantic – good logo designs and convenient editing tool. You will get PDF, JPEG and PNG file types for $37.
22. Tailor Brands – great tool for designing your own unique style and brand. They offer a great variety of qualitative icon based, name based and initials based logo designs. The tool will generate several examples, based on your preferred logo style and business description. You will be able to edit your chosen logo template and adjust it according to your needs. High resolution logo and eps file costs 39$. Undoubtedly worth the price.
23. Logo Genie – a rather expensive tool that provides basic editable designs for $66.
Did you know that you can design your own logo in PowerPoint, as well? Check out my video tutorial on YouTube!