Are you going to publish your upcoming book? Do you need drop-dead graphics, images, and ads for your book promotion? The good news is – you don’t need to hire a graphic designer to create your book promotion graphics. Many people new to self-publishing don’t even realize how easy it is to create all these visuals. And that’s why they are overpaying someone else for the job.
There are several tools that can give you similar functionality, but in this post, you’ll learn how to use Placeit for creating DIY book marketing graphics. Get excited because Placeit is about to become your Secret Graphic Design Weapon! You’ll be crushin’ on this tool as much as me by the time we’re finished.
So, let’s take a look at how it works.
1. Create a Book Cover
You know how hard it is to write a book. You have spent weeks, months, and maybe even years writing something you truly care about – be it a romantic novel or a self-help book. Don’t let all this hard work go down the drain by using a poorly designed book cover, because it can be one of the most powerful tools for selling your book.
No matter what type of book you’re working on, you can find a cover design that fits your personality and style in Placeit’s book cover templates. There are plenty of design options that you can use for creating professional-looking book covers for every genre.
What makes a good book cover?
A great book cover is generally made up of:
- A clear title, subtitle, and author name
- An eye-catching focal point that stands out and helps create visual hierarchy
Learn more in this blog post: 6 Book Cover Design Tips – Create a Book Cover That Stands Out
- Start by browsing Placeit’s library of book cover design templates and choose one that suits your book’s genre.
- Customize your book cover design by changing the background, using your colors, playing with the fonts selection, and adding your titles.
- Once your cover design is finished, hit the download button. Now you can upload it on Amazon or use it for creating your book mockup.
Here’s an example of a book cover made with Placeit.
2. Create Your Book Cover 3D Mockup
Once you have your book cover design file, it’s time to create a 3D mockup to make it look like a tangible physical book. No worries! You don’t need to learn PhotoShop to create a mockup. All you need to do is use Placeit’s book mockup creation tool. Simply use one of their free or paid templates to get the result you want.
- Browse Placeit’s book mockup library and choose one that suits your goal. It can be a free-standing book on a table or a picture that illustrates a reader enjoying reading it.
- Make sure you use the correct image sizes for the cover and spine (if necessary). You can also add your promotional texts and make some more adjustments.
- Download your file and start promoting your book.
Here’s a book mockup for one of my books made with Placeit.
3. Create Eye-Catching Social Media Images
Nowadays, social media users skim through never-ending newsfeeds full of visuals. That’s why you should grab a viewer’s attention with book promotion graphics that pop-out.
If you are going to run a promotion on social media to advertise your book, try out Placeit’s online design maker tool.
- Browse Placeit’s templates library and choose the design and size that suits your goal. It can be a Twitter header, Facebook ad, Instagram story, a web banner, or any other format.
- Open your chosen template in the editor and customize it by adding your texts, changing background images and colors.
- Once it’s finished, download your file and start promoting your book.
Here is an example of how to use Placeit for creating social media posts to promote your book.
4. Create a short video featuring your book
Go one step further and create a promotional video featuring your book. You don’t need to hire a video operator and do time-consuming expensive filming. Simply choose from the video scenes offered on Placeit’s book video library. It can be a video featuring just your book or showing a reader who engages with it.
- Browse Placeit’s book video templates library and choose the scene that suits your goal.
- Open your chosen template in their video editor and upload your book cover design to be featured in the video.
- Use their audio library to add music that enhances your video.
- Add additional slides to feature your logo and insert promotional text. Placeit has a large library of intro and outro video templates, as well. Use them to combine in your video.
- Play with colors, fonts, and effects until you are satisfied with the result.
- Once it’s finished, download your video file and start promoting it.
Here’s an example of a book promotion video for one of my books made with Placeit.
Whether you are a fiction or nonfiction writer, Placeit can be a great tool for saving on your designer costs. Thanks to its wide collection of engaging designs and templates, you can create your book promotion graphics for the cost of a cinema ticket.
Not sure if Placeit is the right tool for you? Check out what Canva features you can use for creating visuals for your book promotion.
Posts on this blog may contain affiliate links, which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you if you purchase through a link.