Social media and blog posts with pictures usually bring much better results than simple texts without any visual material or poorly designed and bad looking images. Therefore it is important to create good quality images that attract your target audience. The good news is that these days you don’t need a lot of money or professional design service to create visuals for your website or social media. Actually, it is a feasible task for every Internet or smartphone user, and it can be done almost or completely for free using online image editors. You don’t even need to install any specific software.
All you need is using one of these image editing tools that can be found online.
1. One of such tools is PicMonkey. It offers many quality images creating and processing functions – backgrounds, borders, effects, symbols, photo processing possibilities, etc. One of the main advantages of this tool is the eye-catching font selection. These can be used for attracting attention and highlighting the most important parts of the text. In order to use your fonts (including Cyrillic or Russian fonts and fonts with special characters or language fonts that are housed on your computer), go to “Add Text” – “Yours.” If you want to learn how to add new fancy and free fonts to your computer to use them on your own software or in online image editing tools, watch this video tutorial. Actually, it is really easy.
2. Another useful image editing tool is pixlr.com. This tool is so advanced that you can work in layers, replace color, transform objects and much more. Moreover, you can download it as an app for your smartphone and use it straight away. Worth a try!
3. Canva is also a great tool for creating beautiful images. It offers interesting backgrounds, effects, and also a gallery of various pictures and templates, which can be used to create your own design. This tool is not completely free, though. If you use their templates, then you will be charged 1$, when your projects are ready to be published. However, it might be worth it. Install their app on your phone to create your images on the go.
4. BeFunky is image editing tool that will help you to make fully customized graphic designs, add interesting effects, create great collages and flawless selfies. You can use their templates or do everything from scratch.
5. Install Adobe Photoshop Express App (iOS/Android/Windows Phone), and you will get some Photoshop functionality on your smartphone for free. You will be able to crop, straighten, rotate, flip, color, remove red-eye and use such filters like Vibrant, Superpunch, and Glow. Plus you can add borders and frames to the photos. A quick solution for editing pictures on your smartphone.
As you can see, there are many online tools that you can use for image creation and photo editing. And you don’t have to be a professional designer to do that. However, it is very important to know the main principles of composition, color theory, and typeface usage to create really good looking designs. Therefore I highly suggest you read my book Design for Non-Designers, because that will help you to avoid amateurish mistakes and your designs will become more effective and attractive.